Week 52 Recap | Project Life 2013

What. A. Week. I am so exhausted in every possible way. The week started with our car crapping out while Jim was working overnight, without a phone, and RIGHT before the holidays so we were kinda stuck till waiting on help from mechanically inclined family members who obviously and understandably had Christmas plans to take care of over dealing with our car. They took a quick look when they towed it though and said it's either a starter issue or something wrong with a rod in the engine, I don't know shit about cars except that it's going to cost money either way, so that's shitty. Family dinner plans were stressing me out a bit too. Our families usually split Christmas Eve and Day pretty well but this year everyone decided to do it all on the Eve and pretty much at the same times which I'm sure was due to lack of communication on my part. We're the only ones really running around from place to place so next year, I'll definitely have to plan better and make sure the families are on the same page too!

Anyhow, Christmas Eve arrived and miss Olivia was just too excited, waking up muuuch to early. Payback for doing the same to my parents I'm sure. Jim hadn't slept since the 22nd with work literally back to back at times. He was extremely sick that day, probably from a combination of not sleeping, eating crappy and doing hard labor on top of all that, but I could tell he was just feeling awful and it made me feel really bad. I wish I could take some of the load off of him, he works so hard for us. He had to work that night too but we ended up not having a vehicle to borrow like the night before which was incredibly stressful in itself, but also understandable. His supervisor was aware of our car issues and Jim kept in contact letting them know the situation that evening until they decided it wasn't going to be possible for him to make it that night even though he'd said if it were going to be an issue, he WOULD find a way there. He had only ever called in maybe once before, so I was actually relieved that he was able to take that night to recover since he honestly was doing just horribly. They had to come by to pick up a pressure washer, though, and when they left Jim came in with news that just ruined Christmas for both of us...

They decided to let Jim go. My heart just dropped into my stomach; we JUST got into our own house... I'm TWO & A HALF WEEKS from giving birth... He NEVER ONCE has been anything but on time, hard working and just fucking THERE for them and this happens? I'm just sick writing it again. I feel like he got the shit end of a stick that he shouldn't have had to have been grabbing for in the first place. It's not fair. Thankfully, he has started another job that is right up his alley and the side jobs he's been working for an elderly man will help us coast until he's pulling in money from the new “regular” job. I'm just so pissed and hurt for him and our family. So angry that they'd do that to him on Christmas Eve of all nights. I'm just happy that he's going to do nothing but excel at his new job and will probably be running the place in no time with his experience.

That news really killed our spirit this year, but didn't hinder Olivia's Christmas Eve & Day from being absolutely amazing! She was soooo freaking spoiled, got so many adorable clothes and fun toys that I have to just take a moment to thank my family and friends for all that they do. Seriously, Christmas wouldn't have been nearly as amazing for O or for us without each and every one of you who made her feel so special! She was so excited to open that mountain of presents and loved each and every thing she got. I was even more excited to watch her beautiful face grin with joy every time she'd get another gift. I was feeling pretty crappy about my own contributions to her pile, but you all (especially you Gigi, you MADE Christmas!) pulled together a fantastic holiday for all of us and I'm so so so thankful for you guys. I wish I had more photos of her opening gifts and such, but it was nice to be “present” to enjoy Christmas with her. I love that little girl so much!

Friday, I had another doctors appointment. I gained another couple pounds bringin my total weight gain to 10lbs over my prepregnancy weight. I also had the Group B Strep test which, for anyone who's been there and done that knows is just THE most awkward thing in the world lol. I'm just happy I'll be done having babies after this kid, I mean, you don't want much of a continuing relationship with anyone who has swabbed your b-hole. I do really enjoy the NST's though, I love seeing the heartbeat rise and fall perfectly and adore the rhythmic beating that is very much my favorite lullaby. There is only fifteen more days until she makes her grand entrance into the world and that seems like no time at all. We have everything ready for her arrival and will be going down to check out the new maternity ward this coming weekend! I'm excited to see what the fuss is about with this place and to see how they've perfected the c-section experiences for us having to go that route. I am just so damned excited and anxious and READY to have her here... It's so close yet so far away!



For this weeks project life spread, I used a few Christmas Cheer Advent calendar cards from LostBumbleBee.blogspot.com. I removed the numbers since I wasn't going for an “advent” themed thanng, but other than that, here it is! I feel like I've lost everything I was going to finish with... So, just take care everyone and I hope you've had a wonderful holiday!