Week 1 Recap | Project Life 2014

I haven't had a week like this in a while. It's been one of much heartache, bellyache and headache. Ache ache ache. The week started off with the loss of a beautiful woman, person and soul... My grandma Mona went with the Lord too soon and left all of us family missing her 'more than all the gobbles in the world,' as she would say. That is a lot, since if you didn't know, a gobble is a molecule times ten. It's been quite shocking, to say the least, to lose someone without any warning whatsoever. Without having spent the time I should have with her. Without being able to tell her what she meant to me growing up and what she means to me now. Without her ever being able to meet her fourth great grandchild, and selfishly, that's what hurts me the most. I just hate that I was so absent in the last few months of her life and hate that it took a loss to realize I should have been doing so much more. Lord knows my heart is with her though and I hope she knows that too. Grandma Mona will always be such a huge part of mine, the other grand kids and of course her childrens lives and I know we're all treasuring the memories she helped us make throughout the years. I love you gramma and will miss you till we can meet again. Please watch over this crazy family of yours <3

The rest of the week seems to be just as much of a blur as losing gramma, so much less important in the grand scheme of things though. It seems silly to complain or to write about it knowing there are much more pressing matters than our broken car or my aches and pains. But, this is a weekly update so I will just touch on what else happened this week! I went in to Labor & Delivery again with contractions that are off the charts, but not progressing anything at all. It's frustrating to be in pain for 'no reason' it feels, but I know it's all helping to prepare for little miss Evelyn's arrival. I have actually heard it's good for me to be contracting and such even though I'm having a section, as it helps the baby with breathing or getting the extra fluid out of them or something along those lines. I'm such a ditz right now, I wouldn't be able to tell ya, I just heard that I shouldn't be too upset to be having these pains since they're all for a reason, even if that reason isn't to help dilate or anything. I AM upset that I may be having to wait until the 20th rather than the 13th of this month to deliver though... I'm not getting too mad till I speak with my actual doctor this next Thursday but if I have to wait a whole 'nother week, I may just burst lol. I'm definitely in that uncomfortable, almost intolerable point of pregnancy so take my bitching with a grain of salt would ya?

Our car is officially fucked; we had it taken in and apparently the cost to fix it is going to be more than it would be to buy a cheaper car come tax time so that is the new plan. It's really stressful to be car-less and so close to birth, but thankfully we're able to borrow the in-laws cars for the most part which has been extremely helpful. It just seems that when it rains it REALLY pours, doesn't it?! Aside from the above, there really isn't too much I can complain about. In fact, this week has also brought some good through the crappiness and I cannot complain about that at all. I am thankful to have rekindled some relationships that had slipped away and that my family is just always there for me in time of need. I am thankful to see that Evelyn is still doing so well and am excited to begin my newest journey in the “photography world.”

I love every aspect of photography, but I know that I'm not as strong in some areas as I am in others so I've decided to focus on children and family portraiture. I love getting real, adorable expressions from children and adore the look on a mother's face when she sees that I was able to capture a moment that will forever touch her (and my!) heart. I am now going to charge a lot less than I'd originally planned to accommodate families on tighter budgets, as I know how hard it can be to afford professional photography even if it is truly valued and appreciated. I've also planned to only take on a select number of sessions while offering stylized 'monthly minis' for children to partake in at an even more discounted price! Some of the minis planned for this year will be a Valentine's Kissing Booth when I open in February, a Lemonade Stand in the summer, a special Halloween set-up in the fall and so much more throughout the year! It's going to be nice to get back out there and to start creating again, it's cheesy to say, but it is a huge passion of mine!

There isn't much new in the Life of Livia... she's still a hyper little brat going a million miles an hour and is still the light of my life giving me reasons to smile every day! She's standing in her doorway as I finish this post, telling me that it's not nighttime and she can't sleep. Well babe, it's NAP time and you NEED to sleep haha. She has been very into babies with all my friends and family popping em out before I'm able to! Haha She adores her new baby doll she'd got for Christmas and has been playing “big sister” since. It warms my heart to think of how she's going to be with her real little sister. I truly cannot wait for the moment that I get to see both of them together! Well, I guess I should go manage that little brat of mine, or at least save my soon-to-be-demolished can of pringles from her clutches! Haha so without further ado here's my first week of Project 2014!



I was originally going to be using the 2014 Cards I'd made for my own week one, however after the gloominess this past week has held, I figured the cards I found at Dunia Designs were more appropriate. I also made a few cards of my own that I felt were equally as appropriate, they include some photos I grabbed this past December when it frosted over real nice. Check em out here! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see any project life pages made with the cards I created for 2014 though, so if you made your own, shoot me over a comment with a link to your own blog or email me a photo at chelsea.mailbox@yahoo.com so I can see what you've all been up to! Take care everyone and forgive me for my crappy posting lately, I will make it up soonish ;) 



 

Meet The Author

I'm a mother to three beautiful girls and a wife to a man I'm crazy attracted to. I'm also an obsessive crafter, wannabe photographer, mediocre chef, somewhat of a designer & an aspiring super mom... still working on all that.