Lame Adult, Cool Mom

So there I was, hiding in the kitchen eating my chocolate milk with a spoon. I'm pretty sure it's the only way to consume chocolate milk. Any who Olivia, who is two and a half or so, comes around the corner and sees me and says, “Coooo mom! I wan some!” and it hit me... there are things about me that make me a super lame adult. I say nummy. I know all the words to every Bubble Guppies song out there. I find joy in creating a good mud castle. And, of course, I eat chocolate milk with a spoon.

All those things aren't very cool at all, but they do make me a pretty awesome mom. Olivia and I dance to the TV together singing “Bu bu bubble Gu gu guppies!” We make and eat the nummiest of deserts out there and as of yet, she hasn't complained about me being the only one able to lick the spoon. She's allowed to get so dirty playing in the dirt and mud you'd think she was a homeless child, but I just know she finds that same joy in destroying, er, creating, things from nothing. I also get the quality, uninterrupted-by-toddler-bitching time with her while we share spoonfuls of chocolate milk hiding away from the world in the kitchen and I wouldn't give those moments up for the anything in this world.

Thank you Olivia for showing me that even though I might feel and actually BE super lame for the most part, it doesn't matter when I have you who, at least for the time being, thinks I'm pretty damned cooo. I love you Olive Juice.