Cake Balls | Delicious Recipes

There is nothing I love more than a fattening, glutened up, chocolate dipped strawberry cake ball! Honestly I could probably eat my weight in them, twice, and still want more. Should I feel ashamed of that? Maybe. Do I? Absolutely not and you wouldn't either if you've tasted these amazeballs. I will say that I'm a bit ashamed to have used the word 'amazeballs' on numerous occasions and this is the first time it's fit as well as it does haha. There are quite a few ways I've come across to make cake balls but today I'm going to share with you THE BEST way to enjoy this afternoon delight ;)

Ingredients:
-Cake Mix of choice (if you're lazy like moi)
-Oil
-Eggs
-Frosting of choice
-Bakers Chocolate (milk/dark/white)
-Sprinkles (optional)

For Strawberry Cake Balls, I use strawberry cake mix, strawberry frosting and bakers milk chocolate. Tastes like a chocolate covered strawberry!! For Extra chocolatey cake balls, I use chocolate errrthang. Feel free to experiment with your favorite cake and frostings though.

Prepare cake mix while preheating the oven and bake cake as directed. Once done and still warm, break cake into large pieces into a large bowl. Let cool a bit, then finely chop the cake until its all a consistent smooth crumb. Let crumbs cool completely.



Put anywhere from half to the whole jar of frosting into bowl and mix evenly. The amount really is up to you and how you want the consistency of the inside of your cakeball to be. I usually use closer to the whole thing but I'm trying to please an inner fat kid here.

Let cake/frosting mixture sit for a few minutes or it'll be too gooey to roll and wont stick together well. You may even refrigerate for 10-15 minutes if it doesn't want to roll or stick together easily. Use a tablespoon for easy measurements, then roll into bite sized balls (har har, yes I'm twelve and smirked writing that) arrange on a wax paper covered cookie sheet/platter and stick them in the freezer for just a bit, until you are sure they're going to keep shape.

This may be an even more messy step than the last, if you can believe that. Take the balls out of the freezer and dip into warm bakers chocolate dip. You can either dip the entire thing or just half, either way is delicious, just depends how much you want! I decided to do half and half, only because I didn't get enough dipping chocolate for two batches. Set balls back on wax paper. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle on toppings of your choice and then transfer back into fridge for a final cool down. I actually prefer to leave mine in a Tupperware in the fridge, but it's cool to leave them out like you would cake as well.

Annnnd there you go! Cake balls, a revolutionary idea for eating cake on the go... cause that's very necessary you know. What are you waiting for?! Go make yourself some cake balls today and let me know whatcha think. Or, if you've had these before or tried a different method for making these little bites of Heaven, please comment letting me know what I'm missing out on and I'll get on it too ;) Have a great day and enjoy the deliciousness everyone!