My New Years Resolutions

Maybe I should resolve to quit with the duck face...
I have thought a lot about Twenty Fourteen with great anticipation and I'm not gonna lie, with great impatience too. I just cannot wait to finally hold my precious Evelyn.. To see the look on Olivia's face meeting her little sister for the first time.. To get healthy again and back on my gluten free lifestyle.. To have my tubes tied and never have to worry about another hyperemesis filled pregnancy again! I am just so excited for all that is to come and all that next year holds for me and my family.

Of course this is the time when people start planning to lose weight, to save money and to be more organized. Obviously those are on my list too, since they will be every year for the rest of ever, but they'll be lower priority now that I know what I truly want to accomplish. My most important goal for next year and beyond is to be a better mother, wife and friend. It almost pains me to write that, as I feel like I'm insinuating I'm shitty at all of that currently, but maybe that is because I feel like I could be doing so much better than I am and should be. I make excuses being so sick all the time, that that is the only reason I "can't" go above and beyond like I want to but I'm not going to let that stop me anymore.

I want to be a better mother; this is my number one goal. I want to be more present in my kids' lives and enjoy the little things that entertain them so much. I want to make more time to interactively play with Olivia, since she's just such a hilariously busy little thing. I want to make sure that I have the one-on-one time with each child that they deserve. I want to give Evie the best first year I can. I want to go ALL OUT for each of the holidays and establish traditions our family will share together in the years to come. I really just want to be someone that my kids are proud to call their mom and I WILL do what I can to make that happen.

Thank you Alisha for an adorable photo of me and my baby Livia!

I want to be a better wife. I want to give Jim the love and attention that he deserves. I want to make sure that we too have the one-on-one time that can get pushed to the back burner after kids. I want to surprise him with little things more often, to show him how much I care. I want to try to find a love of football to enjoy his hobbies with him. I want to teach him how to use my camera better so that he can share in mine as well. I want to work out and get fit together so that he's as attracted to me as I always am to him and so that we're both healthy for our children. I want to encourage him to pursue his dreams as he always has mine and I want him to know just how much I love him...He is my everything, has given me everything and I owe him the world for being my rock for so long.

I want to be a better friend. I want to keep up with old friends better and make new ones more frequently. I want to get out and do stuff with people more, be it the park or a trip to the grocery store. I want to be there for them when they need someone to confide in. I want to be someone they know they can trust with anything at all. I want to do more random, thoughtful stuff for all the people that have done so much for me throughout the years... I'm sure this will be the easiest of my goals to complete but I will be working hard at this and my other goals from here on out.

Surly, all the cheesy resolutions I've made and broke in the past are doubting that I'll be able to accomplish these more serious promises to myself...however knowing what's at stake if I don't make these changes is going to push me to be a better mother, wife and friend. To just be a better person. It shouldn't have taken me wondering about what I want to have as my New Years resolutions to make these goals, these promises, but it is what it is and I will, WILL, at least be well on my way to a better me by the time I need to think up some more for another new year!

So, do you make resolutions for the new year? What do YOU want to accomplish in 2014? Tell me all about it in the comments section, you know I love hearing from y'all ;) 

 

Meet The Author

I'm a mother to three beautiful girls and a wife to a man I'm crazy attracted to. I'm also an obsessive crafter, wannabe photographer, mediocre chef, somewhat of a designer & an aspiring super mom... still working on all that.