Week 2 Recap | Project Life 2014

Already two weeks of this year down already and holy crap, that just seems too quick. I, of course, don't have any complaints as I am still very anxiously awaiting miss Evelyn...it just makes me realize that once she is here time is going to continue to go probably even more quickly and both my little babies will be growing too fast. Olivia is already growing like a weed; it seems she's a bit taller, smarter and more funny each and every day. She looked at me the other day with curiosity all over her face. “Where's Riley?” She asked. I was kinda shocked at her inquiry, we all talk about Riley all the time but it was just an odd question for her to randomly ask. “She is in Heaven, baby.” I said. “Where's Heaven?” She shot back. I told her that Heaven was in the stars and the clouds and she pointed towards the sky. “Yep!” I said, “Right up there! Riley is in the clouds and the stars and she's always watching over you!” Olivia laughed, shook her head and said “ohhhh Riley...” It just warmed my heart for her to be talking about her big sister and broke my heart having to explain Heaven to her too. I know she doesn't quite understand just yet, but I'm thankful that by keeping Riley apart of our daily lives that Olive will have a grasp on Heaven, God and the Angels watching over her shortly enough.

Speaking of Heaven and the Angels, we said our final goodbyes to a very special Angel this past Friday. As mentioned in my previous post, my grandma passed away the first week of January very suddenly and unexpectedly. It broke my heart to see my mom and her sisters mourning for their mother, to see my grandpa grieving for the love of his life and to see the rest of the crowd dealing with their own feelings surrounding this loss. It was nice, though, to see the family and friends that meant so much to my gramma there to support each other and to honor her should-have-been-longer life and it was amazing to see the smiles and hear the laughs that came with each silly memory shared. The service itself was as beautiful as it was emotional. It seemed the whole family had come together to do something to contribute; whether it be heartfelt letters that brought us all to tears, a fantastic video montage of her life that definitely made everyone smile, memorial cards or just the mere presences of those who loved her. It was definitely an appropriate goodbye for a woman who meant so much to so many people. We love you gramma <3

Other happenings in the life of Chelsea... well... I'm still pregnant obviously haha. My back has been hurting, my face, legs and ankles are pretty swollen and my hyperemesis has come back with a vengeance. I haven't slept in months it seems, I wake up constantly for one reason or another so any sleep I DO get is so interrupted that it doesn't feel like I even got a wink. I'm not ignorant, being a mother already, to think that I'm going to be getting better sleep after the baby is born. I do, however, look forward to whatever sleep I'm able to get post-baby to be a BIT more comfortable since it surly can't get more uncomfortable than it is now! And yes, I did knock on wood after writing that. My doctor wasn't able to attend my latest appointment as he was delivering another child (luckkkky woman) so I saw another doctor and my nurse who is just wonderful. The NST was a great as ever, but after discussing everything else realized that our c-section date has definitely been changed. Sooo as of now, the new date is January 20th! I'm sure I can make it another week, everyone just keep your fingers crossed and sharp objects outta my grasp ;) 


Even though I was feeling incredibly shitty this whole week, I was able to get out with my friend Alisha who also has a great eye and huge passion for photography. She grabbed some photos of me and le belly that I just adore! I really wanted maternity photos as this is unquestionably my last pregnancy, so I decided not to wait for a “good day” that may never come this close to the end! They turned out awesome though and make me smile... I'm really having the full pregnancy experience this time around with a big ole belly, finally feeling real contractions, waiting these long ass 40 weeks... It's nice and hectic at the same time as the discomforts I was able to avoid my first two pregnancies have found their way home this time around. Like my Project Life spread says, though, I've decided to really embrace this last little bit of time knowing that it's never going to happen again. I'm going to treasure each and every little kick, movement and stabbing pain knowing that my little girl is in there just thriving away. It is rather hard for me to trust my body, my womb, that I feel let me down so greatly before but I know that Evelyn is doing well and know that Riley, Grandma and all our other beautiful angels up there are doing their best to ensure she arrives as happy and healthy as I know she will.


This weeks PL spread was made with cards I found at Bee Tree Studios. I loved the colors and the 'vibe' these cards have so you will most definitely see something like this again in the future. My posting may be a bit hit and miss for a little longer, as it has been these past few weeks, but after miss Evelyn is here I promise that my posting consistency will become a little bit more... consistent ;) Thanks for letting me beetch to y'all about my pregnancy woes as well as letting me share a bit about my grandmother. Here's to hoping for the rest of January to be a little bit more easy going and for the rest of the year to just be fantastic for us all.

 

Meet The Author

I'm a mother to three beautiful girls and a wife to a man I'm crazy attracted to. I'm also an obsessive crafter, wannabe photographer, mediocre chef, somewhat of a designer & an aspiring super mom... still working on all that.